Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Who is doing more?

Sometimes, one parent may feel that he or she is is doing so much more than the other parent. Try to think that you both are working as a team for your child against the autism (in my case). My my case, I find myself doing a lot, as Peter works abroad.

credit

I sometimes get very angry that I am left here all alone, doing so much. But then one day, during our time alone, we talked about this. I then realized that Peter was doing a lot too, just that he was doing it away form home. He is working hard, away from home, so that we could afford all the therapies that Ivan needed.
When the time came that we needed to know more about Ivan's condition, I went to future my studies, in the area of Special Education. And I could only pursue that since Peter could pay for it. So, I later came to appreciate the fact that Peter was doing what he could do best, provide for us. When I started to appreciate his efforts, I started to do what I do happily. I realized that we were a team, and there was no one doing more than the other. And together, we are able to provide more for our kids. More finances, more opportunities, and with understanding, more love.

No comments:

Post a Comment