Saturday, May 14, 2011

I need help too!

Many of us refrain from asking help, as we don’t want to burden another.  As the first born in my family, I am the one, that fix stuff/ issues around the house. Should my mum need to make an important call to the Housing Board, Settle Bills at the Post Office, call the plumber, fix strained relationship between sis and mum, etc. I grew up with the fact that they always rely on me to do the right thing, and be there for everyone of them. I don’t when it started, but I find myself going to the rescue whenever they needed me. It seemed very normal for me, and I was used to it. But when autism came by knocking. I realized that even I had a breaking point. I could not fix this. I just became helpless. But in the eyes of my family, I could handle it all. I always seemed to do it. They saw me stronger than I was, I was only human. I do breakdown too. I need help too. Each time I turn to them, saying that it’s hard, they would respond, “If anyone can do it, you can.” I admire their faith in me, but I can’t always handle everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment