Friday, July 20, 2012

look at me

It was time to have my scan again. It's sad that my hubby's return got delayed, and that he would miss this moment. I know how badly he wanted to be present for this. By now I was getting used to going for these trips alone, not having him there to hold my hand. I was a little nervous, as I waited at the admissions. Normally, in times like this you would have someone there with you. But I knew that the Lord was watching over us and that I wasn't alone.

All kinds of thoughts raced through my mind. People had already helped me with sentences that caused lots of doubts about the well being of my baby. I wanted to quickly get a clear bill of health for our little one, and confirm that I was having a little princess.

I was called in and I remained calm and I lay with my belly exposed, watching the doctor key in my particulars. Then I looked up at the monitor, and there my baby was. It's was a little scary, looking at all those bones. The baby, was arched facing down, making the spine so clear. It was like a dinosaur's. Hee...Hee... scans are so advanced nowadays. It is a blessing. I recall going for the scans to check my older boys, they were not this fancy and hi-tech. Peter was there with me and we celebrated with smiles as the doctor told us the sex of the baby we were having. This time I was alone but knew his prayers were with me and baby.

The kind doctor, labled each part for me, as she measured and snapped shots of them. It was a long and cold process. Not so fun, exposing your tummy in a small air-con room for so long. She went down to the baby's kidneys and thighs. It was awesome that I could even see the blood flow into the kidneys as they functioned. Then she asked me the magic question, "Would you like to know the sex of your baby?"

Of course, I would, I had been waiting patiently for the past 30 minutes for you to get here. I didn't want to be too anxious, so I waited patiently for the doctor to tell me. There could also be a chance that it was not so clear, in that case I didn't was to know, since Peter was not here and all. It would then be a pleasant surprise to both of us at birth. But it was clear, and now it was the moment I had been waiting for to confirm that we were having a baby girl, and to head on over to the store to buy this adorable toy I had seen for her, and lots more stuff.

And the doctor, continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment