Friday, July 20, 2012

Getting involved

It's time to plan the nursery for my precious new born. It's only right to get the older siblings to feel involved in the process. It's very easy to talk to my eldest son about it, but what about a child with special needs? How would you get him involved? Ivan doesn't seem to be very keen about the arrival of the new born anytime soon. It's going to take a lot of TLC to guide Ivan down this path.

I have noticed that as of late, he doesn't seem to take will even with my sister's son. He never seemed to mind the boy earlier, but ever since I got pregnant, I have noticed Ivan's displeasure to the little boy. Could it be that he sense the arrival of another baby soon? I haven't the slightest clue, but I am very aware of the middle child syndrome and am very careful when it comes to handling Ivan in this situation.

I have been introducing the idea of another baby, as I get him to include the baby into his daily prayers. Then, I try to get him to help me pick out both boy and girl names for the new comer. I talk to him about my doctor's appointmnets and that the baby is doing well, in my tummy.

Last night, I had borrowed a couple of books on decorating a baby's nursery. My eldest son and I had some discussions about the room. This morning, I had my personal time with Ivan, and we talked about the new baby that is coming soon, and how we would like the nursery to be. So I passed Ivan the books and asked him to take a look at them. He was to show me pictures of rooms that he liked.

Here's Ivan looking at Nursery Planning books.

No comments:

Post a Comment