Monday, April 18, 2011

Denial

The Stage of Denial
As humans, many a times, we try to hide ourselves in this place called Denial. For some of us, the situations seem too much, that blocking it out seems only fair. I can fairly say that the same goes for parents of children with special needs. There are a couple of stages that we all go through, but they may not be in the same order. Denial of course, is one that everyone would have visited at one point or another. "My child has a problem? Autism? Asperger's Syndrome? Really? ... Seriously, I don't think so."

Have you hear these words in your mind? Well don't be ashamed, we all have entertained this once before. We all deal with trials differently, I waited a year to breakdown, while my hubby spent a year in a place called Denial. When he was on board, I broke down. One of us had to be functioning with sanity. I will share more on this experience soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment