Monday, February 18, 2013

A Jab For All Occasions

Taking your baby for a jab nowadays is so complicated. I recall with my two boys. The jabs required were pretty standard. But today, parents we bombarded with packages and options that may not be so easy to decide. Well that's for me at least.

It's been raining practically everyday now. So to be save, I called for a cab so that I would make the appointment on time.

This morning, I woke up my sleepy baby and told him of the jab he was to have.



He listened well.



I went on to tell him that it was a 5-in-1 jab, plus an oral medication for Rotavirus. He seemed a little stunned.



While we were waiting our turn at the clinic, we heard shrilling screams of babies getting jabbed. I was praying that it would go well for us, since I was alone and was nervous. Papa had always been by my side as we went for such checks with the other two. I just get very uncomfortable with syringes. By God's grace, he took the oral well and cried for a minute when the jab was given. Hurray!



Finally, it's over. We are so proud of you Baby G, for being do brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment